A logo is first and foremost needed to set a company, product or service apart from many competitors. A logo or trademark distinguishes you from others: behind each logo, consumers form a stable idea of a certain level of quality, and without a logo it is difficult to create a positive image that can be easily extended to your subsequent products.
Logo – (Greek: λόγος – word + τύπος – imprint) is a graphic sign, symbol or emblem used by commercial and government organizations, as well as individuals to increase recognition in society. So the logo is the main element to your brand and corporate style identification.
We all understand that in today’s rapidly changing world, it is not enough to just enter the market with a good offer and a long list of benefits that the customer will receive from working with you, it is also important to establish psycho-emotional contact with your target audience. And here the same unique symbol or emblem will come in handy: they are memorable, allow you to easily recognize you, create elements of corporate identity and through eye contact complete the image of your company.
In order to develop the right logo, which will be the basis of a successful marketing strategy, it is necessary to distinguish between the main types of visual elements of logo design:
- Logos – words are words-names of companies made in a stylized font, such as “Coca-Cola”, for example.
- Symbol logos are easy-to-use forms of well-known objects, such as the Apple logo, in the form of a bitten apple.
- Logos – emblems are difficult to perform logos that contain the name of the company and limited by a special vector form of artistic type. An example is the Starbucks logo.
- Combinations of elements. These are logos that combine the name of the company, several elements of corporate style and image. As an example, the logo of the trading platform “Rozetka”.
- Combinations of numbers and letters. Such logos are created against the background of the perception of initials. The Hewlett-Packard logo, for example, is as simple as possible, but very pleasing to the eye.
Today, there are two main criteria are important when logo is logo designed: simplicity and minimalism, which are the key to easy recognition of your brand.
The logo performs two main, but at first glance very similar, functions:
Identification means that there is a close connection between the brand and the logo that represents it, which unquestionably associates them with each other: people see your logo and subconsciously understand what brand, company, brand it is.
Authentication means that people see your logo and clearly understand that it is exactly the brand they are thinking about. It is like a person’s personal signature, where the signature itself is an identification, and a passport with a sample signature is a confirmation of authenticity (authentication).
Summarizing the above, we can confidently say that the logo is needed in the following cases:
- In the design of products (directly on goods, labels, packing bags, boxes), as a kind of autograph-confirmation that you have made these goods or provided this service.
- In the office to complete the corporate style of the company (on the company seal, business cards, badges of employees, notebooks, envelopes, letterheads, pens, etc.
- In advertising goods or services (on billboards, signs, billboards, city lights and various handouts: booklets, calendars, packages).
- On the Internet (on the company’s website, on advertising banners, in avatars for social networks, for signing emails, for Youtube and other platforms for posting video files, for a watermark, in order to protect copyright).